This Märzen Lagerbier is going out just in time to the early spring days we are having in Poland right now. Perfect time for an “in-between” seasons, dark-copper / brown lagerbier. Perfect for those days where you don’t know what to expect, sunny and relatively warm during the day but still cold at night or to drink after a biking or hiking day.
Brewed as the last batch of 2020, with 100% best quality German malts, a touch of German hops and our house Lagerbier yeast strain. Mashed with one decoction for this extra maltiness you love from our lagers, cold fermented and cold lagered for more than 6 weeks.
Soft and firm malt elegance in the front with “just enough” hops to balance it out. Clean fermentation with a bit of sulfur to keep it all interesting. Beautiful white head that lasts forever leaving a nice rim in the glass.
A classic old school Marzen bier. More malty, a bit darker and more complex than our Fest lagerbier.
Our very best Pilsner, Vienna and Munich malts with a handful of special German malts.
Our favorite Tettnanger Tettnang and Hallertaur Saphir.
- Style: Brown Ale
- Extract: 13,6 %
- Alcohol: 5,5 %
- IBU: 22
- Malts: barley: Pilsner and Munich malts, selected medium roasted special malts
- Hops: Tettnanger Tettnang and Hallertauer Saphir
- Yeasts: House lager yeasts
- Appearance: dark cooper / brown with a long-lasting white head.
- Aromas: really rich, slightly herbal with caramel notes and a bit of sulfur.
- Crisp yet creamy and smooth, medium up to high carbonation.
- Serving temperature: 8-10⁰C
- Glass: Stu Mostow 0,5l Fest krug, Stu Mostow 0,5l Willi Becher