A return to the revolutionary past – dry & bitter West Coast IPA with an aromatic twist created by the addition of grapefruit peels!
Malts / extract:
15⁰Plato combined with a properly conducted mashing process gave a brilliant dryness. Low final extract allows the bitterness to come to the fore. The background for it is a very simple mash consisting only of barley malt. Pure simplicity – this base is its quintessence.
A classic hop combination consisting of Amarillo, Simcoe and Citra varieties. All well known and loved since the very beginning of the beer revolution.
What aromas did they introduce to the beer?
Amarillo: citrus, orange;
Simcoe: pine, citrus;
Citra: tropical fruit, lime.
So get ready for a tasting filled with citrus and tropical notes!
We used our house top fermentation strain with a neutral profile and high attenuation.
The unique citrus aroma was intensified with the sizable addition of grapefruit peels added using a HOP GUN device during the lagering stage. Apart from the aroma, this addition also resulted in a natural haze in the beer which translates into its brilliant appearance in the glass.
Best when it`s fresh!
Such intensely hopped beers tastes insanely, especially fresh! Hop aroma decreases over time. Therefore, treat this beer with particular care, keep it in a dark and very cool place (the fridge will be a good solution) and do not wait – drink fresh!
- Style: West Coast IPA
- Extract: 15,0%
- Alcohol: 6,2%
- IBU: 50
- Malts: a very simple pale base consisting of the finest quality German barley malt.
- Bitter: Chinook
- Whirlpool: Amarillo, Citra
- Dry-hopping: Amarillo, Simcoe, Citra
- Yeasts: House Ale Strain
- Appearance: light yellow, highly iridescent, strong white foam.
- Aromas: grapefruit, wide range of citrus aromas, pine
- 1 – fruity, dry
2 – albedo bitterness
3 – hoppy
- 1 – fruity, dry
- Serving temperature: 8-12⁰C
- Glass: Snifter, IPA glass, Willy
- Dishes: prawns in beer tempura with mango-chilli salsa and coriander
- Cheese: Brique de Brebis, Roquefort, Brie, Stilton
- Dessert: cold cheesecake with coconut panna cotta, mango & jelly, lemon-coconut sponge cake with passion fruit