Our first seasonal beer for January & February is at the same time our …. debut Czech lager!
If you are updated with the beers we brew, this direction should not surprise you. In 2020, we added several lagers to our range such as Fest and Helles Lagerbier and a new dry hopped version of our beloved WRCLW Pils. As we greatly appreciate Czech style beers (as well as the close distance to the border with this beautiful country which gives us seamless access to them) after a long and exciting research, we decided it is a time to brew one in Wroclaw!
Our choice became Tmavy Lezak which is a full-bodied, malty and dark bottom-fermented beer, the second most common drink beer across the Czech Republic (right after pilsner) and… a closely guarded secret.
We brewed our version of this style using the highest quality Pilsner and Munich malts, the addition of roasted special malts, soft Breslau water, German hops and the house strain of Lagerbier yeast!
Tmavy Lezak is the best kept Czech secret. A complex, yet easy going beer, perfect to drink in the dark and cold central European winter.
Our very best Pilsner and Munich malts and selected medium roasted special malts.
We used noble German hops: Tettnanger Tettnang and Hallertauer Hersbrucker. A perfect mix of continental classics!
- Style: Dark lager (Tmavy Lezak)
- Extract: 13,o %
- Alcohol: 5,3 %
- IBU: 25
- Malts: barley: Pilsner and Munich malts, selected medium roasted special malts.
- Hops: Tettnanger Tettnang and Hallertauer Hersbrucker
- Yeasts: House lager yeasts
- Appearance: dark brown, almost black with a red tint. Really clear with a tanned, creamy and very long lasting foam.
- Aromas: really rich, filled with rye bread crust, dark fruits, a tiny bit of dark cocoa and coffee notes.
- Crisp yet creamy and smooth, medium carbonation.
- Serving temperature: 8-10⁰C
- Glass: Stu Mostow 0,5l Fest krug, Stu mostow 0,5l Willi Becher
- Dishes: Czech dumplings with beer stew, Ceské hovězí (steak fried with pepper), liver with caramelized onions, Olomouc cheese fried in beer batter
- Cheeses: nakládaný hermelín, fried cheese
- Desserts: rakvičky se šlehačkou (coffins)