The ring visible on the label of our 40. beer from ART series was traditionally used to dry and store kveik yeast cultures! It was made of strung wooden blocks, which were (and sometimes still are!) dipped in a yeast thicket and then hung to dry. The dried yeast was kept in good condition for months or even years. In 2015, this medium was used to renew the kveik culture after 25 years of being dormant, thanks to which we can now enjoy the taste of fermented beers with its use!
Soon you will be able to experience the power of the fruity aroma produced by these cultures in our latest beer brewed in cooperation with the Nepomucen brewery: Kveik DIPA!
A combination of a DIPA hoppy punch with the intense fruityness received thanks to the fermentation with Kveik yeast. Remember to drink fresh – that’s when it amazes the most!
The double version of IPA has a definetely higher extract than the standard IPA – in this case it is 18⁰ P. A solid, light base of oat flakes and Pils malt allows us to emphasize the intense hopping and yeast aroma.
Columbus is somehow the “progenitor” of many new wave hop varieties. It has an interesting aromatic profile that harmonizes perfectly with other classics of beer revolution. We decided to combine it with Citra and Galaxy in this beer, which resulted with a tropical hit and filled the beer with notes of pineapple, mango, mandarin, nectarine and green hemp (dunk).
- Style: DDH DIPA
- Extract: 18,0%
- Alcohol: 8,0%
- IBU: 35
- Malt base: barley malt: pilsner, spitz, flakes: oat
- Bitter: Centenial (US)
- Whirlpool: Galaxy (AU), Citra (US)
- Dry-hopping: Columbus, Citra (US), Galaxy (AU)
- Yeasts: Kveik Ale Strain
- Appearance: light orange, cloudy, with low white head
- Aromas: pineapple, mango, mandarin, nectarine, green hemp (dunk)
- 1 – full
- 2 – fruity
- 3 – juicy, hoppy finish
- Serving temperature: 8-12⁰C
- Glass: Sensoric, tulip, snifter
- Dishes: Thai curry, fried pork loin with lemon and herb butter, burger with grilled smoked cheese and tropical chutney based on mango and coriander
- Cheese: Roquefort, mature Cheddar, Lazur
- Desserts: Tropical tart with creme patissiere and orange peels, Lemon Meringue Pie, creamy old fashioned cheesecake with caramelized tangerine