ART 32 is the quintessence of classic Belgian brewing!
This is the first Belgian beer in our offer, brewed with a specialist in this field – the main brewer and co-founder of the famous Brouwerij De Glazen Toren – Jef Van den Steen! We have brewed a technically demanding Belgian Dubbel who impresses with his complexity. The rich malty foundation, based on caramel malts and candied sugar, perfectly harmonizes with the complex yeast profile, in which you can feel the notes of raisins, plums and pepper.
This is the first classic Belgian beer in our offer, characterized by a comprehensive flavor and rich malty base. It harmonizes perfectly with the complex yeast profile filled with aromas of raisins, plums and pepper.
The complexity of this style is primarily due to the raw materials used during mashing process. The most important role is played by Pilsen malt, but we`ve also used about 30% of of special malts. Melanoidin malt brought intense aromas of baked bread crust; slightly more toasted caramel malt added caramel and tofee notes, and special W malt enriched the bouquet with caramelized raisins and toasted challah.
Very traditional hopping with continental varieties – we only used hops with a low content of hop compounds, thanks to which we could use a bit more of them. It is distinguished by bitterness, which slightly counteracts the sweet taste of this style, giving it a delicate herbal aroma.
Belgian yeasts are very characteristic! They ferment quickly, creating a whole palette of aromas – from esters, associated with fruit aromas of banana, red apple, cherry, ending with phenols, which we can associate with spicy notes of black pepper, cloves and cinnamon.
Dark candied sugar is an extremely important, traditional addition to the Belgian Dubbel. Introduces a unique, molasses character and also increase: beer fermentation, drinkability and highlight yeast aromas. Although during fermentation the sweetness derived from it is etched, it indicates its presence in the finished product and is palpable during tasting.
- Style: Belgian Dubbel
- Extract: 18,0%
- Alcohol: 7,6% obj.
- IBU: 20
- barley malts: Pilsner, melanoidine, caramel 110-130 EBC, special W.
- Bitter: Hersbrucker (DE)
- Aromatic: Tettnanger (DE)
- Yeasts: BE-256
- Extra ingredients: brown candied sugar
- Appearance: dark copper, almost perfectly clear, with a beige, high foam, built by high carbonation.
- Aromas: caramelized sugar, raisin, pepper, plums, candied banana, clove
- sweet, with a slight bitterness
- warming finish
- Serving temperature: 10-14⁰C
- Glass: Snifter, tulip
- Dishe: duck in chocolate and orange sauce, Croquettes aux crevettes (shrimp croquettes), Mitraillette (Belgian sandwich)
- Cheese: Herve, Oud Brugge
- Dessert: waffles with cinnamon and roasted apples