We have prepared for you another variation of the New England IPA style, hopped with the Simcoe, Citra and Centennial varieties!
An even brighter malty base with a huge share of oat flakes and the same deep, velvety and cereal taste! Fermented with a new Vermont Ale yeast strain and a clearer citrus-fruit character. Extremely abundantly hopped with a combination of Simcoe, Citra and Centennial varieties, which have returned with intense citrus notes: lemon, grapefruit and pomelo, with a noticeable resin and floral accent. Fresh, delicious and fruity!
Malts / extract:
New England IPA should be juicy!
This time we decided to use a simple mix of malts, consisting of a combination of a bit of Pilsen malt with a large proportion of velvet oat flakes and a pinch of Munich malt to give fullness and highlight color.
This is one of the latest styles in the India Pale Ale family, which was created in Vermont, US. Brewers from this region, against all known rules, added hops during… fermentation. Hopping at this stage does not usually have a positive effect on the process, but in the right conditions yeast can biotransform hop oils into slightly different compounds, giving an even more intense hoppy aroma!
During dry-hopping process we added 3 types of hops:
The mix of Simcoe, Citra and Centennial gave juicy citrus aromas – primarily lemon, grapefruit and pomelo with a noticeable resin and floral accent.
Best when it`s fresh!
Such intensely hopped beer tastes insanely, especially fresh! Hop aroma decreases over time. Therefore, treat this beer with particular care, keep it in a dark and very cool place (the fridge will be a good solution) and do not wait – drink fresh!
- Style: New England IPA
- Extract: 16,0%
- Alcohol: 6,2%
- IBU: 40
- Malts: barley malt: Pilsen, Munich; Oatmeal
- Bitter: Chinook (US)
- Aromatic: Simcoe, Centennial (US)
- Dry-hopping: Simcoe, Citra, Centennial (US)
- Yeasts: Vermont Ale
- Appearance: light orange, hazy, with fine, small-bubble white foam
- Aromas: lemon, grapefruit and pomelo with a noticeable resin and floral accent
- 1 – full
- 2 – smooth
- 3 – hoppy, bitter finish, minerall aftertaste
- Serving temperature: 8-12⁰C
- Glass: Sensoric, tulip, snifter
- Dishes: burger with grilled pineapple and mozzarella with curry sauce, vegetable tempura
- Cheese: Stilton, Roquefort
- Desert: sour passion fruit jelly, tropical tart