Belgian Witbier, often called a „Bière blanche” is a light, wheat beer, brewed with addition of unsweetened wheat (often in the form of flakes) and spices – Indian coriander and peel of sweet and bitter orange. We present this style in a fuller and extremely aromatic winter, Imperial version.
Belgian Witbier, often called a „Bière blanche” is a light, wheat beer. Brewed with the addition of a significant amount of unsweetened wheat (often in the form of flakes) and the addition of spices – Indian coriander and peels of sweet and bitter orange. We present this style in a winter, heavier version – we’ve added more of all the ingredients, thanks to which the beer has a rich, malty taste and is more aromatic.
The extract is definitely higher than in the traditional version of Witbier. Strong malt foundation better suits the additions used and cold winter evenings. We only used light malts – Pilsen and wheat, which we have enriched with unsweetened, traditional additives – i.e. wheat and oat flakes, which give it lightness and velvet
The bitterness comes from Magnum hops, which is characterized by a traditional character and clearly emphasized bitterness. For the aroma we used the classic German Tettnanger hop famous for its herbal profile, which fits perfectly to the witbier style beers. The strongest impact on the aroma of this beer is, however, spices – dried orange, lemon and grains of Indian coriander.
Traditionally, witbier is served in angular glasses of thick glass, into which you can add a slice or a quarter of a lemon. The imperial version can be served in the same way, but you might as well serve it in a glass of weizen or snifter glass – if you want to enhance the spicy character of this style. It is always better to serve them slightly more chilled.
- Style: Imperial Witbier
- Extract: 16,0 %
- Alcohol: 6,5 %
- IBU: 30
- Malts: barley: Pilsner; wheat malts;
- Flakes: wheat, oat
- Aromatic: Tettnanger (DE)
- Bitter: Magnum (DE)
- Yeasts: WLP 400 Belgian Wit ale
- Additives: dried lemon, dried orange, coriander seed
- Appearance: orange, cloudy with white, dense foam
- Aromas: coriander (citrus), orange, lemon, black pepper, peach, pear, red apple, clove.
- Odczucie w ustach:
- hoppy, cytrus finish
- Serving temperature: 5-8⁰C
- Glass: Sensoric, Sniffter
- Dishes: pasta with light sauces, salads, baked fish, yeast seafood with crumble, tart with citrus
- Cheese: home-made cottage cheese and radish crackers
- Dessert: fruit tart, lemon cake