It’s yet another take on the DIPA style in an incredibly aromatic DDH version. This time the pale and hazy base made of wheat and oat malts was double hopped using a huge amount of hops. First, during the late fermentation and next while aging. As a result, an intensely aromatic profile of the beer has been achieved. The beer is filled with aromas of grapefruit, lime, pineapple, mango, pear, and stone fruit.
SALAMANDER DDH DIPA El Dorado & Citra
This time our DDH DIPA is even more juicy thanks to the hop varieties used during the production process: El Dorado and Citra, which are responsible for the beer’s uniquely tropical character!
It`s yet another take on the strong, double hopped, hazy and juicy Double India Pale Ale!
This time, it’s even more intense and aromatic. What we have added to the light and hazy base made of wheat and oat malts is an incredible amount of El Dorado and Citra hops. The beer has been hopped twice: during the late fermentation process and ageing. In effect, our DDH DIPA is filled with aromas of grapefruit, lime, pineapple, mango, pear, and stone fruit!
Although this style belongs to one of the strongest in the IPA family, the alcohol content is not too high – the beer is to have a strong malty base and a pleasant texture with a slight haziness – this is ensured by wheat malts and oat flakes.
That’s where the action takes place! Loads of hops are added at all stages of the brewing process. We are almost not using hops at the early stage of boiling – most of them are added to achieve the desired aroma instead of bitterness. Double dry hopping by HopGun, our state-of-the-art equipment for cold extracting ether oils; once during fermentation and next during the aging process – resulted in an incredibly rich aromatic profile of the obtain beverage!
Our new DDH DIPA has an even more complex profile due to fermentation with liquid yeast strain WLP095 Burlington. They bring to a beer a huge amount of fruity esters and don’t go down so quickly producing a hazy effect that’s pleasing to the eye. It makes them perfect for modern IPA styles like New England or DDH DIPA!
- Style: Double Dry Hopped Double India Pale Ale
- Extract: 19.0%
- Alcohol: 7.7%
- IBU: 60
- malts: Pilsner barley malt, wheat malt, oat flakes
- Aromatic: Mosaic (US)
- The First cold hopping: Citra, El Dorado (US)
- The second cold hopping: El Dorado, Citra, (US)
- Yeast strain: WLP095 Burlington Ale Yeast
- Look: light yellow; hazy
- Aromas: grapefruit, lime, pineapple, mango, pear and stone fruit!
- 1 – full, smooth
- 2 – citric, sweet, tropical
- 3 – slightly bitter (as for a DIPA)
- Serving temperature: 12-15⁰C
- Glass: IPA glass, Sensoric, Sniffter
- Dishes: Grilled shrimp sandwich with avocado and chipotle mayo; grilled halloumi cheeseburger with chimichurri and pineapple
- Cheeses: Cheddar, Manchego
- Desserts: sour raspberry and basil sorbet