We have brewed the first light and aromatic version of this beer style in cooperation with the Spanish Laugar (ART#22 Brut IPA). Since we enjoyed the brew so much, we have decided to create a more “classic version” of this style that was born only in 2018.
Salamander Brut IPA
High saturation and fruit and hop aromas make it extremely drinkable and yet very intense.
The youngest among the IPA beers, Brut IPA has closed the gap between the New England IPA and West Coast IPA. It is even more savoury than the West Coast IPA and moderately hopped to produce bitterness in comparison with Vermont IPA. We have decided to add loads of hops. High saturation as well as fruity and hoppy aromas make it a highly drinkable and intense beer.
As a very light beer, its grist consists of light malts only. Wheat flakes and malts produce subtle haziness and light colour of the beer. The extract of 12.7% is surprisingly low as for IPA but thanks to high defermentation the alcohol extract reaches 6.3%. This savoury beer is a tricky one. It is highly drinkable and very strong!
Hopping Brut IPA is quite a challenge! It is easy to overhop such a savoury beer! Specifically, if you want to produce some bitterness. This is the reason why we have used moderate hopping for bitterness while boiling wort. Yet, we made it up while cold hopping. We have added loads of aromatic hops from all over the world to our HopGun Hull Melon (DE), Motueka (NZ), Galaxy (AU), Cascade, Simco (US), which produce aromas that bring to mind white wine: white fruit, citrus fruit and stone fruit.
- Style: Brut IPA
- Extract: 12,7 %
- Alcohol: 6,3 %
- IBU: 20
- Malts/flakes: barley malts: Pilsner; caramel pale; wheat malts; wheat flakes
- Hops: Bitterness: Pacific Jade (NZ) Aromatic: Pacific Jade (NZ)
- Cold hopped: Hull Melon (DE), Motueka (NZ), Galaxy (AU), Cascade, Simco (US)
- Yeast: Danstar Notthingham
- Look: slightly hazy, light straw colour
- Aromas: citrus – lime, tangerines, white grapes, honeydew, gooseberry, peach
- refreshing with a hoppy finish
- Serving temperature: 6-8 ⁰C
- Glass: Sensoric, sniffter, shaker
Dania: ostra drobiowa quesedilla z chutneyem mango
Cheeses: Blue Stilton, Cabrales, Danablue and other blue cheeses
Desserts: Peach and thyme short pastry