Full body, smooth, velvety texture, haziness and the moderate bitterness – it`s our New England IPA. Double dry-hopped with Galaxy, Citra & Eureka which resulted in a very intense hoppy aroma. It`s filled with notes of peach, pear, mandarin, passionfruit and grapefruit.
New England IPA Galaxy, Citra & Eureka!
It is a juicy, full and hazy beer with moderate bitterness balanced with maltiness. We have achieved its intense tropical aroma using double dry-hopping process with Galaxy, Citra and Eureka US hops.
New England IPA should be juicy!
We used up to 7 different types of malts and flakes! Including traditional raw materials from Great Britain – Pilsen Malt Golden Promise, oat malt and toasted, dehulled oats, which gave a wonderful yellow color, haziness and velvety texture.
This is one of the latest styles in the India Pale Ale family, which was created in Vermont, US. Brewers from this region, against all known rules, added hops during… fermentation. Hopping at this stage does not usually have a positive effect on the process, but in the right conditions yeast can biotransform hop oils into slightly different compounds, giving an even more intense hoppy aroma!
During dry-hopping process we added 3 types of hops (in double doses!):
Eureka and Galaxy in the first dose, which together with fermenting yeast introduced the notes of peach, pear and pine.
The mixture of Galaxy, Citra and Eureka in the second dose gave notes of citrus, grapefruit, mandarin and stone fruits.
In total, we used 25 grams of hops per liter of the obtained beverage!
Don’t be fooled by the sweet aroma of the beer – you’ll also find a lot of hoppy aromas and bitterness in here!
- Style: New England IPA
- Extract: 16,0 %
- Alcohol: 6,2 %
- IBU: 40
- Malts: Barley, Pilsner, golden promise, Munich; wheat malt, oat malt; Oatmeal; toasted hulled oats
- Bitter: Columbus (US)
- Aromatic: Citra (US)
- Dry-hopping (first dose): Eureka! (US), Galaxy (AU)
- Dry-hopping (second dose): Citra, Eureka! (US), Galaxy (AU)
- Yeast strain: Burlington Ale
- Appearance: dark yellow, cloudy, with fine bubble white foam
- Aroma: peach, pear, tangerine, passionfruit and grapefruit
- 1 – full
- 2 – smooth
- 3 – hoppy finish, mineral
- Serving temperature: 8-12⁰C
- Glass: Sensoric, tulip, snifter
- Dishes: poultry livers with sour pear, pad-thai with tofu and black pepper
- Cheese: Stilton, Roquefort
- Dessert: pear-basil sorbet, cold cheesecake with gooseberry