Full body, smooth, velvety texture, haziness and the moderate bitterness – it`s our New England IPA. Double dry-hopped with Citra, Simcoe & Mosaic, which resulted in a very intense hoppy aroma. It`s filled with notes of citrus and tropical fruits like mango, pineapple, peach and lychee.
New England IPA Citra, Mosaic, Simcoe!
It is a juicy, full and hazy beer with moderate bitterness balanced with maltiness. We have achieved its intense tropical aroma using double dry-hopping process with the Citra, Mosaic and Simcoe US hops.
New England IPA should be juicy!
We used up to 7 different types of malts and flakes! Including traditional raw materials from Great Britain – Pilsen Malt Golden Promise, oat malt and toasted, dehulled oats, which gave a wonderful orange color, haziness and velvety texture.
This is one of the latest styles in the India Pale Ale family, which was created in Vermont, US. Brewers from this region, against all known rules, added hops during… fermentation. Hopping at this stage does not usually have a positive effect on the process, but in the right conditions yeast can biotransform hop oils into slightly different compounds, giving an even more intense hoppy aroma!
During dry-hopping process we added 3 types of hops (in double doses!):
Mosaic introduced the notes of pineapple, lychee, mango, apricot and banana.
Citra and Simco gave typical notes of citrus, grapefruit, resin and tropical fruit.
In total, we used 23 grams of hops per liter of the obtained beverage!
- Style: New England IPA
- Extract: 16,0 %
- Alcohol: 6,2 %
- IBU: 40
- Malts: Barley, Pilsner, golden promise, Munich; wheat malt, oat malt; Oatmeal; toasted hulled oats
- Bitter: Columbus (US)
- Aromatic: Citra (US)
- Dry-hopping (first dose): Mosaic (US)
- Dry-hopping (second dose): Mosaic, Citra, Simcoe (US)
- Yeast strain: Burlington Ale
- Appearance: orange, hazy, small-bubbled white foam
- Aroma: mango, citrus fruits, pineapple, apricot and lychee
- 1 – full
- 2 – smooth
- 3 – hoppy finish, mineral
- Serving temperature: 8-12⁰C
- Glass: Sensoric, tulip, snifter
- Dishes: poultry livers with apricot, pad-thai with tofu and mango
- Cheese: Stilton, Roquefort
- Dessert: lime & mint sorbet