Once again, we’ve joined forces with a brewery derived from the heart of the Basque country – Basqueland Brewing to create the super fruity and tasty Pastry Sour Ale Pink Guava, Pineapple & Passionfruit!
36th version of our ART collab series, was created under “Beer with friends” project started by our friends from Basqueland. They selected 5 of their favorite breweries around the world to make a series of online collabs. You can check out the live video of the brewing day at Basquelands and our intagram accounts.
To recreate a pastry dessert taste in the production process we used two types of tropical fruits: pineapple and dragon fruit, which enriched the aromatic profile of the beer with fruity notes. Addition of milk sugar – lactose balanced the sour taste and add more sweetness. The velvety texture and haziness was obtained thanks to the addition of wheat malt and oat flakes. Perfect for summer!
Simple, but complex malt bill composed with barley and wheat malts with addition of oat flakes to make the texture more velvety. We have also enriched this beer with lactose – milk sugar, which is not taking part in the fermentation process, to balance the acidity of lactic acid and tropical fruits.
Brewed with enough new wave American hops to complement the tropical flavours, but without asking for attention.
This beer was kettle souered with our house Lactobacilus strain. We let the bacteria work overnight to low they final pH of the beer just before boiling.
Big amounts of tropical Pineapple and Dragon fruit were added to this beer after fermentation. We obtained lovely balance between the taste and aroma of both fruits and a magical pink color!
- Vanilla – aging with best quality Madagascar vanilla sticks complements the dessert character of this beer, increasing a bit the perception of sweetness and combines well with its fruity character.
- Style: Pastry Fruit Sour
- Extract: 18,0%
- Alcohol: 6,0%
- IBU: 8
- Malts: barley, wheat; oat flakes
- Hops: Chinook, Simcoe
- Yeast: Home, clean fermenting ale yeast
- Bacteria: Lactobacillus
- Additives: lactose, pineapple, dragon fruit, vanilla
- Appearance: Magenta to pink color
- Aromas: tropical dragon fruit and pineapple all the way blended with sweet, spicy vanilla
- 1 – full
- 2 – medium sour
- 3 – sweet, round
- Serving temperature: 8-12⁰C
- Glass: Sensoric, tulip, snifter
- Dishes: Burger with chimichurri, grilled pineapple & halloumi cheese
- Cheese: Goat soft cheese
- Dessert: Vanilla panna Cotta & rustic pie with seasonal fruits, Crumble