The thickest, strongest and darkest beer that has been created so far in Browar Stu Mostów. Brewed in cooperation with the Norwegian brewery Amundsen, which is famous for oily, thick and incredibly aromatic beers. ART 34 is filled with aromas of dark malts – coffee, chocolate and cocoa. Velvety smooth, with beautiful, fine bubble foam obtained thanks to nitrogen saturation! The culmination point in its aromatic profile are cheesecake and vanilla notes, thanks to which you can not resist the impression of the consumption of liquid cheesecake covered with chocolate! Exceptionally aromatic and savoury!
An extremely difficult task is to obtain such a high extract – 33 Plato degrees are very challenging! The quintessence of this beer is the rich malty taste – we use a combination of light Pilsner and Munich malt as a basis and added a bit of caramel malt for a rich, melanoidine aftertaste. An interesting procedure is a small addition of lighter chocolate malt with a slightly milder taste. Raven-black color is the result of the synergistic contribution of chocolate and coloring malts, which have also introduced intense notes of coffee, cocoa and chocolate with a slightly sour finish. To intensify the dessert profile, we decided to use just over 2% of lactose, which gave the characteristic sweetness and more body.
Boiling with hops lasted several hours! We were able to obtain the desired extract and the necessary content of Maillard reaction compounds that give sweet-caramel notes, characteristic for pastry beers. We used relatively not a lot of continental Magnum hop – our goal was to achieve a moderate bitterness, which is only the background for a sweet, malty beer profile.
The natural flavors we used were intended to recreate the impression of consuming the cheesecake dessert. Creating the right composition that does not cover the beer profile was not an easy task, but in the end we managed to enrich the beer with unique aromatic notes. Additives came to the beer with the help of HopGun – a device for cold extraction, thanks to which we were able to dose them precisely. The effect is surprising!
The idea behind infusing beers with nitrogen rather than carbon dioxide is to increase its drinkability and change its structure into more creamy.
Nitrogen’s ability to dissolve in liquids is several times lower than that of carbon dioxide. What we have used at Browar Stu Mostów is advanced technological solutions that allow us to dissolve as much nitrogen as possible in beer. Right after opening and pouring the beer into a glass, nitrogen escapes as quickly as possible creating a cascade effect with a huge amount of tiny bubbles. After a while, nitrogen moves up whisking protein dissolved in beer. As a result of this process, creamy and long-lasting beer head made of tiny bubbles is produced, which is not possible in carbonated beers.
To fully enjoy the nitro beer, don`t forget to serve it in a right way:
– cool the bottle down to <7 ⁰C; don’t shake it;
– open the bottle quickly and pour the beer into a glass holding the bottle vertically;
– now you can enjoy the cascade effect, which produces a beautiful beer head of tiny bubbles.
This style is unique for its thickness. For this reason, the cascade effect takes place as if in the “slow motion”. High thickness and stickiness make the bubbles to go up slowly. It is recommended to wait a bit longer before pouring the beer into a glass to give the nitrogen bubbles more time to act. It’s not a waste of time, cause the process itself looks quite impressive!
- Style: Imperial Stout, flavoured
- Extract: 33,0%
- Alcohol: 12,5% obj.
- IBU: 40
- Malts: barley: pilsen, dark caramel, chocolate, aromatic caramel
- Hops: Bitter: Magnum (DE)
- Yeasts: Danstar Nottingham
- Additives: natural aroma of vanilla; flavoring substances and natural flavoring substances with a cheesecake aroma
- Appearance: opaque black, with dark, brown, very fine bubble foam – built up by a cascade effect
- Aromas: cheesecake, vanilla, raisins, lemon, coffee, chocolate, coffee-milk liqueur, caramel, shortbread
- smooth, velvety
- with vanilla and cheesecake aftertaste
- Serving temperature: pouring nitrogen-saturated beers should take place at> 7 ° C, we recommend then warming the beer in your hand to 10-14 ° C
- Glass: Snifter, Tulip
- Dishes: chili sin carne with smoked tofu
- Cheese: long-ripening gouda with almonds, mozzarella di buffala, ricotta, mascarpone
- Desserts: New York Cheesecake, vanilla panna cotta