Together with the polish Ziemia Obiecana Brewery, we have prepared something extremely delicious – intensely sweet`n sour beer brewed with mango, lychee, coconut & vanilla! We acidified it with lactic acid bacteria, added lactose to increase sweetness and finally fermented with the addition of lychee and mango purees. During aging, we also added vanilla and coconut to highlighte the dessert character of our beer and make it more Pastry alike!
During the mashing, we only used light malts: Pilsen and wheat, which it owes its very light color. For greater turbidity and smoothness, we have also added oat flakes. Part of the extract comes from lactose – unfermented milk sugar that gives fullness and delicate sweetness.
Delicate hopping preserves the dessert character of this beer. At the stage of separation of hot sediments in Whirlpool we used a lot of Mandarina Bavaria which added citrus notes.
Fruit – in the foreground in this beer you can find the composition of fruits! Their selection is not accidental – mango purees and lychees are for us the quintessence of the tropics, which filled our Pastry Sour with a whole range of aromas!
Vanilla and roasted coconut flakes – aging with vanilla sticks and roasted coconut flakes enriches the dessert’s feeling of beer and combines well with the fruit profile.
- Style: Pastry Sour Ale
- Extract: 22,0%
- Alcohol: 8,0%
- IBU: 10
- Malts: Pilsen barley malt; wheat; Oatmeal
- Bitter: Topaz (AU)
- Aromatic: Mandarina Bavaria (DE)
- Yeasts: US-05
- Bacteria: Lactobacillus plantarum
- Additives: mango puree, lychee puree, vanilla sticks, roasted coconut flakes
- Appearance: orange, thick and cloudy, with low orange foam
- Aromas: mango, lychee, lemon, gooseberry, white grapes, vanilla, roasted coconut flakes
- 1 – gesture
- 2 – sweet
- 3 – sour with a characteristic bitter taste of mango and lychee
- Serving temperature: 8-12⁰C
- Glass: tulip, snifter
- Dishes: smoked salmon omelette, with cottage cheese and chives, caramelized onion risottoz and blue blue cheese
- Cheese: goat cheese ripening for a long time, roquefort
- Dessert: panna cotta with mango mousse, coconut pudding with chia, lychee and orange