ART.+17 Pink Guava Sour Saison
This time we have brewed quite a refined and refreshing saison enriched with lactic acid bacteria and pink guava puree.
Known as the farmer’s or peasant’s beer, Saison is a light, refreshing, highly attenuated top- fermenting Belgian beer. One of the most typical features of this style are yeast strains, which produce savoury finish, high drinkability, and complex, phenolic and estery (fruity and spicy) flavour. Saison is brewed with small amount of hops, just enough to produce bitterness and balance. Medium bitterness level and wheat malts account for high drinkability. We have crossed this sour style with lactic acid bacteria and the unique aroma of tropical pink guava.
Medium body beer with 13 % extract from simple, light grist– a mix of Pilsner and wheat malts to make beer light and drinkable and to highlight the tropical aroma of pink guava over maltiness.
The saison-style beer is brewed with small amount of hops, just enough to produce bitterness and balance. Traditional hops used for hopping guarantee bitterness that matches the beer’s profile.
To achieve the higher drinkability effect we have used lactic acid bacteria, which maximize the beer’s refreshing capacity. The acidity produced by bacteria as well as pink guava account for the unique gooseberry aroma. We have used Lactobacillus lactis, Lactococcus lactis, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. Bulgaricus available in bread starters.
100% Pink guava puree has been added to the ageing tank to give away its tropical flavour and aroma with the use of HopGun (a cold hopping system). What an exceptional fruit it is! Combing tones of passion fruit, grapefruit, gooseberry and…pink guava, the fruit is impossible to describe. You must try it. Visit us to take the first sip!
- Styl: Fruit Sour Saison
- Extract: 13,0%
- Alcohol: 5,9% obj.
- IBU: 30
- Pilsner, wheat malts
- Goryczkowy: Magnum (DE)
- Aromatic: Tettnanger (DE)
- Yeast: French Saison
- Bacteria: Lactobacillus lactis, Lactococcus lactis, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus
- Look: light, cloudy, pinkish colour
- Aromas: tropical fruit, pink guava, cloves, black pepper, peach, banana, gooseberries
- Sparkling, refreshing
- sour, tropical fruit– guava
- sour, gooseberries, slightly bitter, phenolic, “funky”
- Serving temperature: 4-6°C
- Glass: Snifter, sensoric
- Dishes: Gooseberry and chicken salad; grapefruit penne in white sauce; citrus poultry risotto
- Cheeses: sour milk cheese – red smear-ripened cheese; Bauer-Hendkase, Harceński-type, Ołomuniecki-type,
- Desserts: citrus-filled strudel; kiwi tart