It’s already the 7th beer brewed under the ART brand and yet another cooperation with the German brewery Camba Bavaria. There are many similarities between ART#7 and ART#1, our first beer brewed together. What we did was to add caramel malts, both light and dark, that account for the red colour to the strong lager based on Munich malts. Similarly to ART# 1, it is strongly hopped. Yet, the difference in its hoppy character lies in the production of lager and ale.
ART.+7 German Red IPL
IPL is what IPA is for Lagers. We’ve brewed a red version with a caramel base and hopping similar to ART#1 with the use of such German hops as Saphir and Mandarina Bavaria.
We have been inspired by American craft breweries which, as a result of so-called counterrevolution, offer nothing else but lagers. These lagers are exceptionally varied with one unique version being IPL – India Pale Lager i.e. a strongly hopped version of stronger lagers. They can be found in many varieties: light, caramel or dark. Similarly to IPA, however, their IPL formula stays unchanged. As we have brewed our beer with our friends from Camba Bavaria, the hopping must have been German.
The foundation is flavoursome Munich malt with the abundance of light and dark caramel malts. They account for the deep red colour which brings to mind the Bock-type beers.
To make a connection to the first ART brand beer brewed in cooperation with Camba Bavaria as well, we have used the same hops in almost identical quantities. Taurus hops give lagers their perfect bitterness. Saphir accounts for flowery, citric and earthy tones that remind of rooibos tea while Mandarina Bavaria is citric, slightly mandarinish, hops with a fruity profile.
- Styl: Red India Pale Lager
- Ekstract: 16,0%
- Alcohol: 6,9%
- IBU: 52
- Malts: Munich, pils, 40-60 EBC caramel, 300 EBC
- Bitter: Taurus (DE)
- Aromatic: Saphir (DE), Hallertau Mandarina Bavaria (DE)
- Dry Hopped: Hallertau Mandarina Bavaria (DE), Saphir (DE),
- Yeast: W34/70 bottom fermentation
- Appearance: red of nearly perfect
- Aromas: Red fruit, rooibos tea,
- sparking, clear, refreshing
- tones of rooibos tea
- slight herbal bitterness
- Serving temperature: 4-7⁰C
- Glass: high glass, mug,
- Foodpairing: grilled ribs; Cajun cuisine; pork knuckle with caramelized onions; Cheeses: Gruyère, Emmental, hard Swiss cheeses; Desserts: creme brulee, walnut ice-cream served with salty caramel