In the 29th edition of the ART series, we joined forces with the Australian brewery Yeastie Boys!
Together with James Kemp, we`ve created a completely new style for us – Florida IPA. To the bright, cloudy base with the addition of oat and rice flakes, we added a solid dose of Azacca, Topaz, Citra and Motueka hops in a total amount of 25g per liter of beverage! Thanks to this American-Australian blend, we`ve ve obtained a very intense aroma of spicy mango, pineapple, tangerine and citrus along with notes of mown grass and pine shoots. The juiciness of the premiere Florida IPA was enhanced by the addition of lactic acid bacteria, thus intensifying its sour taste!
Florida IPA is a completely new beer style for us. It`s a combination of super bright and intensely hopped IPA, acidified by the addition of lactic acid bacteria.
In this beer, hoppy citrus-tropical aroma & bitterness are mixed with a sour aftertaste, which guarantees smooth and juicy mouthfeel. No IPA has ever been so refreshing!
Only the brightest malts went to the mashing pot, along with rice and oat flakes to create a velvety texture and haziness – an excellent base for intensive hopping and acidification with lactic acid bacteria.
Dry hopping is a distinguishing feature of this style. We`ve reduced hopping in hot processes, focusing on using more of super-fresh hops right after fermentation and aging. We used a large amount of Azacca, Topaz, Citra and Motueka – this American-Australian blend allowed to obtain a very comprehensive aroma of spicy mango, pineapple, tangerine, citrus along with refreshing notes of mown grass and pine shoots. In total, we used over 25 g of hops per liter of obtained beverage!
- Style: Florida IPA
- Extract: 17,5%
- Alcohol: 7,0% obj.
- IBU: 50
- Malts: barley malt: Pilsner, golden promise, wheat, oat and rice flakes
- Bitter: Mosaic (US)
- Aromatic: Mosaic (US)
- Dry hopping (the first batch): Topaz (AU), Azacca (US)
- Dry hopping (the second batch): Motueka (AU), Citra (US)
- Yeast strain: Burlington Ale
- Look: light straw, cloudy, with fine bubble white foam
- Aromas: spicy mango, pineapple, tangerine, citrus, cut grass, lychee, delicate pine notes
- 1 – sour
- 2 – refreshing
- 3 – hoppy, medium-long finish
- Serving temperature: 8-12⁰C
- Glass: Sensoric, tulip, snifter
- Dishes: The Cuban Sandwich, Mango Samosa
- Cheeses: Stilton, Roquefort
- Desserts: Key lime pie, Kumquat Sorbet