ART.+14 Mango and Peach DIPA
Refined fruity DIPA that you can’t put down. Fruity and hoppy sensation. Brewing with Brewski means fruity and hoppy flavours!
Double IPA is definitely stronger than AIPA. It has more extract, more alcohol and, what’s most important, more hops! Lower body (than one could expect), lower maltiness and light grist enhance the leading roe that hops play in Double IPA. In order to enrich the fruity and hoppy aromas, fruit is added to brew Fruit Double India Pale Ale, a style filled with citrus, tropical and stony aromas.
The maltiness of Double IPA provides both balance and foundation for the powerful hoppiness. The 18% extract is quite high but the brewing process makes the beer a bit refined to enrich its hoppy side. To achieve beautiful haziness, we added oats and wheat flakes that produce a velvety texture.
Double IPA must be filled with hops to the very brim. It is exactly while brewing this style when the brewery’s equipment capacities are tested: hop jacks break down and installations got clogged with hops. Hops produce the necessary bitterness which balances the beer’s power. Yet, Double IPA is mostly known for its hoppy aromas. We have mostly used new- wave varieties of hops; American and some Australian. The most famous hops on the market including Mosaic, Cascade, Simco, Citra and Topaz, bring about incredibly intensive tones of tropical and citrus fruit.
Wonderful aroma, colour and taste are produced by abundance of fruit: mango and peach puree. It is 100% natural; no preservatives or additives. All together fruit puree accounts for as much as 20% of the beer; and you can feel it! Fruit produces attractive haziness and smooth and thick texture similar to that of bitter and hoppy juice!
- Style: Fruit Double India Pale Ale
- Extract: 18,0%
- Alcohol: 7,6% obj.
- IBU: 70
- malts: barley malt; caramel pils malt
- Flakes: wheat and oat
- Aromatic: Cascade, Simco (USA)
- Cold brewing hops: Cascade, Eureka!, Mosaic, Calypso, Citra (USA); Topaz (AU)
- Yeast strains: S-04 / US-05
- Extra ingredients: mango puree (10%); peach puree (10%)
- Look: light orange; hazy
- Aromas: mango, peach, citrus, tropical fruit
- slightly sweet; fruity
- thick, sticky
- clear bitterness; mango flavour (slightly bitter and spicy at the stone)
- Serving temperature: 8-10⁰C
- Glass: Tulip, Sniffter
- Dishes: lamb served on herbal salad; “mature” steak with cabbage syrup; Jambalaya; spicy
burrito with shredded beef neck and tropical fruit
- Cheeses: blue cheeses Roquefort, Gorgonzola, Bleu de Bresse
- Desserts: strawberry cake with mango mousse